Our honey do list is never ending. Whether its regular maintenance like raking leaves or cleaning the feeding areas to larger projects like fence or irrigation repairs to painting we can use your help. Have a special skill or love to clean fill out our online volunteer application below and let us know how you would like to help.
Raking manure not your thing?
There are many other ways to help, some can be done from the comfort of your own home. Here are just a few alternative ways to help the animals:
- Invite your friends to like our facebook and instagram pages. See a post you like from our page? Please share, the more “likes” and shares, the more people will see what we do.
- Fundraising: We have several large projects in the works and have a couple fundraisers set up to help fund them. Check out the fundraisers below to see how you can help.
- October 12th Community Yard Sale hosted by one of our volunteers. We need items to sell, someone to pick up donated items and get them to the sale site the week before the sale and volunteers to help sell.
- Mid November: Online Auction: While out and about at your favorite store/ restaurant etc, or if you know anyone, ask for a donation of goods or services for the auction. Handcrafted items are welcome too. All businesses who donate will be listed on our community sponsor page. All Donations are Needed by Oct 1st. If interested email us we will send you the necessary paperwork.
- Start a Fundraiser: Set up fundraisers at local businesses. Ask the restaurant, bowling alley, etc to donate a portion of sales on a specific day to the sanctuary.
- Grant lookup and writing – This one is a Huge Need! Basically need someone to help find grants that would be relevant to what we do. It can be related to environmental, animal care, sustainability, education.
- Mural work: Are you Artistic? A 4’x4′ piece of plywood will be provided for you to paint. The idea is to cover our front fence with “barn windows” with animals looking out. If you are artistic or know of someone who is artistic please contact us.