FANS is collecting pet items to benefit deserving residents of East Manatee & Sarasota counties, west Hardee & Desoto counties, including Myakka City, Duette, Parrish, Arcadia and Wauchula in Florida, in an effort to prevent families from surrendering pets to local shelters and rescues, or looking to re-home their animals, during times of financial strain.
How to Sign Up
Qualification to receive supplies from the pet food bank is determined via an application and supplies are distributed as needed and based on availability. The program targets low-income pet owners in Sarasota and Manatee counties. Once per month, registered families will be able to come to the sanctuary to pick up supplemental pet food and supplies. It will be by appointment only.
To qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Live within Myakka City, Duette, Parrish, or Wauchula, Florida
- Only one participant per household for up to three dogs, cats and/or other domestic, farm or small animal
- Complete the Pet Food Bank application
How to Get Involved
- Donate supplies. There is an ongoing need for cat litter, small animal
bedding/litter, hay for small animals, and small animal food. Drop off locations include Leo & Lucky’s, the Humane Society of Sarasota County, and FANS (through mobile donations). Visit our wishlist to see suggested supplies.
- Become a Community Sponsor. As a community sponsor of our pet food bank, you can help by agreeing to be a drop-off location for donations, or provide “close to date” food or damaged goods your business is unable to sell on shelves. As a community sponsor, your continued support results in your business being included on all promotional materials and press releases, and mentioned on our Community Sponsors webpage. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up as a Community Sponsor.
- Volunteer. Volunteer to help with supply pick-ups, become an ambassador to gather community support, work FANS events, or volunteer as part of our feed/clean crew. You’ll join a dedicated group of individuals who allow FANS to care for over 130 animals at our sanctuary. Learn more about volunteering.